Fresh Herb Roasted Duck with Potatoes
A savory, aromatic dish perfect for a delicious dinner.
- 1 whole duck
- 6 medium potatoes
- 3/4 cup ghee (melted)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (minced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the marinade and mix until well combined.
- Rinse the duck inside and out with cold running water and pat dry. Remove the giblets if necessary.
- Place the duck in a roasting pan, and generously rub the skin with the marinade.
- Use a knife to pierce the skin of the duck, all over.
- Roast the duck for 30 minutes, meanwhile cut the potatoes.
- Add in the potatoes while turning to coat them in duck fat, then continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 300 F (150 C) and cook for another 1½ hours or until golden and skin is crisp. The internal temperature should reach 140 F – 170 F depending on your preference.
- Let the duck rest 10 to 12 minutes before carving.