Baked Coconut Shrimp
A crisp, golden and delicious light meal.
- 24 raw shrimp (prawns)
- 1 medium egg
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1½ tablespoon coconut four
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (store bought or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 300 F (150 C) and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl combine the shredded coconut with the coconut flour, meanwhile whisk the egg in a separate bowl.
- Dip one shrimp at a time into the egg, followed by the coconut mixture and make sure it is fully coated.
- Place the shrimp on the baking sheet and repeat the process with the remaining shrimps.
- Drizzle avocado oil on top of the coated shrimp, lightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and gently flip the shrimp. Drizzle some additional avocado oil.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- While the shrimp bake, prepare the Creamy Cilantro Lime Dip and cauliflower rice.
- Serve the coconut shrimp immediately with cauliflower rice and the creamy lime cilantro dip on the side.