A fast and easy dish with minimal preparation.
- 250g raw salmon (sashimi grade)
- Cut off the blood line (darker area on side).
- Divide and cut the salmon into sections according to the direction of the grain.
- Remove the skin of the fillets (if present).
- Before cutting, take note of the direction of the grain as you want to make sure you are cutting across it to get the best texture.
- Cut straight down if you want small and narrow pieces. If you would prefer wider pieces (similar to those in nigiri) tilt the knife at a 45 degree angle.
- Accompany with salmon roe, avocado, and sesame seeds.