Tangy Orange Chicken
A sweet and savory kick to a simple dish.
- 1.5 lbs chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ½ cup orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix together the orange juice and coconut aminos in a bowl. Set the sauce aside.
- Cut the chicken thighs into small pieces. Season with salt and arrowroot, toss to coat evenly.
- Heat the avocado oil and sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to the hot skillet and spread so that it is in a single layer if possible.
- Sear on all sides until it is golden brown.
- Add in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add in the chicken broth.
- Pour in the sauce and toss to coat.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer. Stir often until the sauce is thick and reduced by nearly half.
- Add in the orange zest.
- Serve and garnish with the sesame seeds.