Creamy Mushroom Chicken
Succulent chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce - a simple yet elegant dish.
- 1lb chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
- ½ cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 1 shallot (diced)
- ½ cup mushrooms (sliced)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs (parsley, thyme, oregano)
- Place arrowroot and salt into a bowl. Mix with a whisk.
- Dip the chicken thighs into the mixture until they are lightly coated on all sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with avocado oil. Once hot, add the thighs.
- Cook the chicken until golden brown. Remove and place on a plate.
- Add shallot, garlic, and mushrooms to the skillet. Sauté until mushrooms start to soften.
- Pour in the chicken broth, coconut milk, vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Stir and reduce to low heat to simmer.
- Place the chicken back into the sauce and continue simmering until fully cooked.
- If the sauce is too thick, add more chicken stock (little at a time) to reach desired consistency.