Coconut Lime Chicken
A light and creamy sauce with a burst of lime flavor makes this a perfect meal.
- 1lb chicken breasts
- 2 limes (juiced)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Season with salt.
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in the chicken. Cook until a nice brown crust is formed.
- When chicken is mostly cooked through, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add in the garlic and shallot to the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Add in the chicken broth, coconut milk, lime juice, and cilantro. Stir to mix.
- Add the chicken breasts back to the skillet and coat with the sauce.
- Cover and lower the heat. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.