Pumpkin Pie (Paleo)
A healthier alternative to a popular seasonal dessert.
- 3 large eggs
- 15 ounce pumpkin puree (can)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 425F (220C).
- Place the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Add the sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Continue mixing until completely combined.
- Place the mixture into a pie pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 350F (175C) and continue to bake for another 45 minutes.
- Remove the pie when you are able to insert a knife and have it come out clean.
- Allow the pie to cool down for two hours before serving.