Teriyaki Chicken Salad
A delightful salad full of crunch and flavor.
- 2 lbs chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 2 cups slaw mix
- 1 cup purple cabbage (shredded)
- ¼ cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 bunch scallions (thinly sliced)
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¾ cup cashews (raw)
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (primal kitchen)
- Combine the slaw mix, cabbage, scallions, cashews, and cilantro in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Season with the onion powder and garlic powder. Add to the skillet.
- Cook fully through until you get a nice golden brown crust on both sides.
- Remove the chicken and let it cool for 1-2 minutes on a cutting board.
- Cut the chicken into cubes. Place the chicken pieces onto the salad.
- Add in the dressing and toss the entire salad.