Baked Meatballs with Zoodles
A healthy alternative to a classic Italian favorite.
- 1 lb minced beef
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons organic napolitana sauce (Kirkland)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 8 cups zucchini noodles
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- In a large bowl combine the beef with the onions, garlic, egg, herbs, and lemon juice.
- Once it is mixed well, shape into round balls.
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes and bake until meatballs are fully cooked
- When there is about 5 minutes left, start on the zucchini noodles.
- Heat avocado oil in a medium pan over high heat.
- Use a paper towel to squeeze excess water excess water out of zucchini noodles.
- Add zucchini to the pan and toss for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the salt and garlic powder while tossing.
- Plate, top with marinara sauce and meatballs.