A creamy and filling dish.
- 2 chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 cup mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- ¼ small onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Cut into small pieces and lightly season both sides with salt.
Heat avocado oil in a pan over high heat.
Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Lower the heat to medium, add the mushrooms and ghee to the pan.
Season with a pinch of salt. Cook the mushrooms stirring frequently until soft.
Once the mushrooms have browned, add the onions and again cook stirring frequently until soft.
Add the garlic while stirring and continue to cook for another minute.
Add the coconut milk and bring the pan to a simmer. Keep stirring and cooking until the liquid has reduced by half.
Add the chicken stock and repeat the same step, until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Once the sauce is ready, add the chicken back to the pan. Stir until fully coated.
Remove the pan from the heat, add the chives and lemon juice.