Creamy Popcorn Shrimp
Crunchy shrimp full of flavor.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg.
In a separate bowl add the coconut flour, arrowroot, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Peel and rinse the shrimp. Dip each shrimp into the egg followed by the flour. Repeat with all shrimp.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Make sure there is enough oil as you need it for the frying.
- Shake off the excess flour and place each shrimp one by one onto the skillet. Do not crowd!
- Fry the shrimp in batches. Flip once the bottom is nicely browned and cook on the other side.
- Both sides should be nicely browned and crisp before you remove from the skillet.
- Place paper towels in your serving bowl to pat dry the excess oil.
- Toss the shrimp with half of the sauce. Add more sauce as desired.
- Top with chives and sesame seeds.