A healthy alternative to a restaurant favorite.
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup coconut aminos teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon arrowroot or tapioca powder
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Whisk the arrowroot powder, coconut aminos, and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Season with the salt.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until it looks nearly ready, then add in the garlic.
- Cook for an additional 30 seconds. Remove the chicken and garlic from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the sauce to the pan. Cook until thickened.
- Return the chicken to the pan and toss to coat, not more than about 30-60 seconds.
- Season with sesame seeds and any other garnish, according to preference.