A delicious alternative to take-out.
- 1 lb chicken (breasts or thighs)
- 1 zucchini (sliced)
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
½ cup coconut aminos
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot or tapioca powder
- Heat half the avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the chicken and season with the salt and pepper. Cook fully through, set aside.
- Heat the rest of the avocado oil in the skillet. Add in the onions and zucchini.
Stir occasionally while continuing to cook the onions.
- Meanwhile, add all the sauce ingredients to a bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- Add chicken back to the skillet when the onions and zucchini are almost ready.
- Pour in the sauce. Mix to evenly coat.
- Stir in the cashews and water chestnuts.