A tropical sweet chicken dish.
- 4 tablespoons arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1½ cups mango juice (100% pure juice)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1 large mango (cubed)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon green onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Melt half of the coconut oil In a pot over medium heat. Add in the garlic, cook until fragrant.
- Add in the remaining coconut oil, juice and coconut aminos. Bring the pot to a boil.
- Place two teaspoons of tapioca flour into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once the liquid comes to a boil, add 1 tablespoon to the bowl with the tapioca flour.
- Mix until smooth. Pour the tapioca mixture into the pot and boil for an additional 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer while stirring frequently.
- After the sauce has slightly reduced, transfer to a bowl and let it cool.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts. Cut into small cubes and season with salt.
- Place the remaining tapioca flour into a new bowl and add the chicken. Mix until it is all evenly coated.
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Place some of the chicken into the pan.
- Avoid crowding and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer the chicken to a paper towel-lined bowl to soak up the excess oil. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add in the mango. Pour the sauce over the mango chicken and toss until evenly coated.
- Garnish with your preference of cilantro, green onion and/or sesame seeds.
- Can accompany with cauliflower fried rice.