Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
A sweet and healthy dessert to enjoy.
- ¾ cup pumpkin (canned)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (dairy-free, paleo friendly)
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups almond flour (blanched)
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Lightly coat with ghee and set aside.
- Stir the almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, maple syrup, and vanilla.
Slowly pour in the wet ingredients into the center of the dry ingredients.
- Gently stir until the flour disappears and everything is well combined. Add in chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and smooth the top.
Bake for about 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool before slicing.