A healthier version of an In-n-Out classic.
- 3 large potatoes (sliced)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
1 cup animal-style spread
- Preheat your air fryer.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onions and 1 teaspoon of salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Toss the fries with the remaining salt and olive oil. Place into the air fryer.
- Cook for 7 minutes on 400F (200C) then take out to shake. Place back into air fryer.
- Cook for another 8 minutes until fries are crispy and golden brown.
Stir the onions occasionally until browned. Add 1 tablespoon of water to the skillet and continue cooking until the water evaporates and onions begin sizzling again.
Repeat until the onions are dark brown and extremely caramelized, about 2 times.
- Place fries into a bowl topped with the onions followed by the animal-style spread.
- Accompanies well with a double-double protein style burger.