Slow Cooked Beef Cheeks
A wonderfully rich and flavorful dish that will melt in your mouth.
- 2 lb beef cheeks (can have multiple smaller pieces)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 stems fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups red wine (cabernet sauvignon or merlot)
- 1 cup beef stock
- In a small bowl combine the dry spices. Set aside.
- Cut off any large fatty sections of the meat (they will not be used).
- Sprinkle the spices all over the meat.
- Place the beef cheeks in the slow cooker.
- Add in the thyme, garlic, onion and beef stock.
- Pour the wine into a pot on high heat. Bring to a simmer for 1 minute.
- Once the wine has cooked out a bit, add it into the slow cooker.
- You can also add any additional vegetables you may want to cook. *optional*
- Cover and cook on low high for 6-8 hours.
- When done, the beef cheeks will smell amazing and the meat will be super tender.